Writing About Your Life: Guide to Personal Journals and Memoirs
Share your story! Have you ever wanted to explore your life experiences in writing, either through keeping a personal journal or writing a memoir? More and more people are exploring the growing genre of life writing, harnessing the power of writing to understand their own experiences or share them with a wider readership. This resources offers you all the support you need to start writing about your life and perhaps turn your writing into a work of literary art to share with others.
This 30-page download offers you everything you need to get started with your life writing project:
- An excerpt from my book How to Write Anything on writing the personal journal
- 101 writing prompts to help you start writing about your experiences
- Notes from our popular in-person seminar "The Power of Life Writing"
- Guidelines for setting up your own writing group, so you can create a supportive environment for your writing
- Guidance on creating and maintaining a daily writing habit
- Support for turning your journal pages into an actual memoir to submit to agents or editors for publication
If you've ever wanted to start writing about your experiences and perhaps to share them with others, this resource offers comprehensive support and guidance to get started writing, develop a daily writing practice, and share you writing with the world when you're ready.
With all the guidance in this download, it's easy to set up a regular writing practice for yourself that you'll follow through on. Download this resource now and get started writing about your life and your insights.
Praise for "The Power of Life Writing"
“Laura is the most wonderful teacher, warm and encouraging, and our group really loved the workshop. I recommend it highly!”
“’The Power of Life Writing’ was a great experience for our women’s group. We were especially excited to learn about how to write about experiences that seemed ordinary to us but in the telling they became extraordinary. The ability and confidence to write about your life is indeed a powerful tool.”
“We had Laura come and speak to our group and we did the workshop with her. By the end, everyone was so enthusiastic that they started an ongoing writing group to continue the memoirs they started in the workshop.”